Photo by: Shelley Ann Cratty
Photo by: Gabby Roberts
Cosplay Guidelines & Policies:
Lilac City Comicon encourages fans to Cosplay as their favorite Pop Culture icons! For everyone’s safety and for a relaxing event, here are guidelines to use with your Cosplay experience.
- Costume & daily wear shall not exceed the body in such a way as to be deemed indecent exposure under the WA state & city of Spokane ordinances. Remember this is a family show.
- All costumes and or props worn within the convention center must fit through a standard doorway without effort.
- All costumes with limited movement must have a handler to assist them to safely navigate throughout the show.
- Lilac City Comicon and the Spokane Convention Center reserve the right to remove anyone from the building that is acting disrespectful or inappropriate way towards others without warning. Don't be that guy.
- All children must be accompanied by an Adult during the show. Lilac City Comicon and The Spokane Convention Center are not responsible for supervising your child. Sorry but we are not a day care.
- If you are in violation of these rules you may be asked to leave the convention center without notice by event staff.
1. No real firearms – and that includes firearms that shoot only blanks or BB’s.
2. Replica weapons must stand out as fake from at least 10 feet away. An orange safety tip is required in all replica weapons.
3. If any type of blade weapon is sharp enough or has a pointed tip, so that it might cut or pierce the skin – it will not be allowed into Lilac City Comicon.
4. Solid prop weapons which have enough weight to cause physical harm with even a medium swing are not be allowed.
5. Functioning fake projectile weapons – even “Air Soft”, water guns, squirt guns, and any toy that is capable of actually firing a projectile, liquid, or object of any type are not allowed.
6. Weapons may be peace bonded either while you wait in the registration line (prior to 10am) or at the information booth. Your item will be identified so that staff and attendees know it is safe and approved.